I took everything off of the desk today so that I could raise the braces up one "notch." The desktop is a little higher than I would like it now for typing, but I guess I'll work with it and see how it goes. I got the file cabinet under the desk.
The funny thing is, if I measure the space between the top of the file cabinet and the underside of the desk, it appears to be a hair smaller than the space between two brace notches. So in theory, the file cabinet should have *just fit* under the desktop. The floor is probably crooked or something.
Of course I figured this out *after* I put pretty much all of the stuff back on the desktop. I worked up enough of a sweat getting it to this state, that I have no desire to try and lower the desktop back down. If I start getting pain in my shoulder from working at this height, maybe I'll try lowering it again.
In the meantime, I'm putting stuff into the filing cabinet. Not really sorting through the stuff right now. Just putting everything that was ontop of the desk into the filing cabinet. Then I can take a folder out every now and then and go through it and file the stuff in the right places--or just get rid of it.
I need to make some folders up for this school year. Probably one for each kid and one for PTO business. Can't think of anything else I might need. Maybe one for general school information. At least both kids will be at the same school this year. That makes life sooooo much easier. Don't have to worry about different policies, different phone numbers, and different school districts for that matter (since DD's preschool was in a different school district).
Then I'll probably make a couple folders up for my Etsy shop. Postage, orders, purchases. I found these really cool plastic "project boxes" that hang in the file cabinet. I only bought one to keep pens and scissors handy at the desk. But depending on how things progress, I might come up with uses for more. My scissors have a way of walking off. 5 million pairs of scissors, and can't find 1 when I need them. Same goes for the rolls of tape. I know DD is mostly responsible for the disappearing acts. I buy her her own, but somehow mine still go missing.
Well, back to work. Or at least time to take a shower. It was pretty dusty under the desk...
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment